We think Visual C++ 6.0 was the best dev env ever made.
So we kept improving it with over 500 bugfixes, tweaks and new features.
Let's celebrate VC6's 20th anniversary by sharing them to the world.
- Portable and compatible with Win7 / Win10 bye bye regedit, hello .hjson setting file ! also meaning it should not mess with your current install
- More compatible compiler multicore version of VC7.1 compiler (It's fast) you can compile with other compilers (64bit), but not debug yet
- Real-time highlighting and diagnostics based on libclang 6.0 and compatible with VisualAssistX
- Real multicursor editing search, sort, number, evaluate, etc. while in multicursor mode
- Improved UX and UI 32bit icons, dark skin, lot of visual hints multi-monitor friendly revamped dialogs (project settings, threads, breakpoints, ...) searchable command palette
- It's free (as in free beer) ever had to pay for a birthday present ? ;)
- Every change has a toggle only take what you like, but we can not check each combination
- It's an internal spare time project don't expect everything to work in every setup, but feel free to reach out by email or discord